Young people of the world,
While thousands of people around the globe are getting the disease and unfortunately also die of COVID-19, the reality for the peoples, workers and youth is ruthless:
– The public health system even of some powerful capitalist countries is naked, full of deficiencies, with policies that act in favour of the commercialisation of health, and the capitalist profits. The lives of hundreds of thousands of people are at risk. Urgent and necessary measures are not taken must be taken now.
– Millions of workers have already lost their jobs or will lose them in the next period. Their salaries are being cut and their working hours are getting flexed. Not because of COVID-19, but because capitalists put once again the burden on their shoulders.
– Even the scientific attempts to find a vaccine for COVID-19 are subject to competitions between the imperialists, who are relentless. The anarchy in capitalist production doesn’t satisfy primary human needs.
Young people of the world,
– We extend our heartfelt thanks to the doctors, nurses, the hospital and health units personnel that are fighting this battle facing great difficulties.
– We express our solidarity with those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and wish them speedy recovery from the disease.
– We salute the countries that develop solidarity actions with the most affected countries, such as the sending of protective materials and health professionals from countries such as China, Cuba and Russia, actions that are in stark contrast to the absence of the European Union.
Young people of the world,
At these hard times, the Communist Youth Organizations are here!
We struggle against COVID-19 and at the same time against injustice, but also those who utilize the virus so that injustice arises.
We struggle against a global system, capitalism, which forced the workers and youth to bear the cost of the capitalist economic crisis and now asks us to pay again. It is proven once more that socialism is necessary and timely since it can ensure primary care and prevention, hospitals, medical and nursing staff, medicines, labs and tests, thus satisfying the people’s rights and needs.
We struggle against the anti-people policy, which undermines the great scientific and technological possibilities that exist today and can be used in favour of health, welfare and peace for the peoples.
The young people wear masks to protect and be protected against the virus, but we don’t lower the voice of our demands! We demand:
– The Public Health System in all countries to be reinforced with state funding, so that the efforts of the medical and nursing staff get strengthened now.
– The necessary protection means to be provided for free to everyone (such as masks, gloves and alcohol-based hand rubs).
– The working rights of the workers to be protected. No to dismissals and salary reductions. No to the curtailment of democratic rights on the pretext of COVID-19.
– End all sanctions and measures of economic exclusion, which in this situation are even more unjust and criminal and make the life of the peoples in the countries they turn against to even more difficult. To take all necessary measures to protect the health and life of the peoples.
– We say no to imperialist interventions and military exercises, such as those of NATO, and demand that public resources be redirected to support the needs of the peoples, such as the financing of public health and social security systems.
We say it clearly: We can win! Nobody alone – Now is the time for solidarity- Together we stand!
Finalized List of the Communist Youth Organizations that sign the Common Announcement of the CYOs on the COVID-19
1. Federation of Communist Youth, Argentina
2. Communist Youth of Austria
3. Bangladesh Youth Union
4. Bangladesh Students Union
5. Young Communists of Belgium
6. Communist Youth of Bolivia
7. Communist Youth Union, Brazil
8. Advancing Communist Youth, Brazil
9. Young Communist League of Britain
10. Young Communist League of Canada
11. Young Socialists of the Socialist Workers Party of Croatia
12. United Democratic Youth Organization, Cyprus
13. Communist Youth Union, Czech Republic
14. Young Communists of Denmark
15. Communist Youth of Ecuador
16. Communist Youth of El Salvador
17. Communist Youth of the Communist Worker’s Party of Finland
18. Union of the Communist Youth of France
19. Socialist German Workers Youth
20. Communist Youth of Greece
21. Communist Youth of Guatemala
22. Communist Youth of Honduras
23. All India Youth Federation
24. Tudeh Youth of Iran
25. Workers’ Party Youth (Ireland)
26. Connolly Youth Movement, Ireland
27. Young Communist Youth of Israel
28. Front of the Communist Youth, Italy
29. Jordanian Democratic Youth Union
30. Federation of Young Communists, Mexico
31. National Youth Federation of Nepal
32. Communist Youth Movement of the Netherlands
33. Youth of the Communist Party of Macedonia, North Macedonia
34. Young Communists of Norway
35. Democratic Students Federation, Pakistan
36. Democratic Youth Federation, Pakistan
37. Palestinian Communist Youth
38. Palestinian People’s Party youth
39. Paraguayan Communist Youth
40. Peruvian Communist Youth
41. Youth of Communist Party of Poland
42. Portuguese Communist Youth
43. Union of Socialist Youth, Romania
44. Leninist Communist Youth Union of the Russian Federation
45. Revolutionary Communist Youth League (Bolsheviks), Russia
46. Young Communist League of Yugoslavia, Serbia
47. Young Communist League of South Africa
48. Anti-imperialist and anti-US Youth League, South Korea
49. Communist Youth Union of Spain
50. Collectives of Young Communists, Spain
51. Socialist Students Union, Sri Lanka
52. Socialist Youth Union, Sri Lanka
53. Communist Youth of Sweden
54. Communist Youth of Switzerland – Jeunes POP
55. Syrian Communist Youth Union – Khaled Bagdash Youth
56. Communist Youth of Turkey
57. League of Young Communists USA
58. Communist Youth of Venezuela