We, the Communist Youth Organizations that are in Athens, in order to participate in the 45th KNE-Odigitis Festival, condemn the repugnant anticommunist common resolution of the European Parliament, which is being signed by the political groups of the European People’s Party, the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats, Renew Europe, the Greens/European Free Alliance and the European Conservatives and Reformists.
The common resolution of the European Parliament is unacceptable and unhistorical, since:
· It promotes the legalization of the prohibition of the Communist Parties and the communist symbols that has already been imposed in several member-states of the EU.
· It promotes the generalization of the criminalization and prosecutions of communists and their ideology, aiming at halting the popular struggles.
· It promotes the identification of communism with fascism, acquitting that way the fascists and their action.
· It even distorts History in such level characterizing the Soviet Union and Red Army, which had more than 20 million casualties in the struggle to crush Nazism, “as an ally and collaborator of the Nazi Germany”.
We, the Communist Youth Organizations signing this statement say clearly that:
· The future cannot be banned! The future of the youth is Socialism!
· No matter how many resolutions and decisions the European Union passes, we are determined to bring their nightmares to life.
· Anti-communism and the falsification of History will not pass! The historical truth will crush their lies and provocations.
Until now, the resolution has been signed by 36 youth communist organizations, which also participated at the 45th KNE-Odigitis festival in Athens. They are the following:
– Communist Youth of Albania “Qemal Stafa”
– Communist Youth of the Algerian Party of Democracy and Socialism
– Communist Youth of Austria
– Communist Youth of Belgium
– Communist Youth of Venezuela (JCV)
– Young Communist League, YCL Britain
– Socialist German Workers’ Youth
– Communist Youth of Greece (KNE)
– Jordanian Democratic Youth Union
– Workers’ Party Youth, Ireland
– Communist Youth Union of Spain
– Collectives of Young Communists, Spain
– Union of Communist Youth, Israel
– Front of Communist Youth, Italy
– Youth of the Socialist Movement of Kazakhstan
– New Socialists of the Socialist Workers’ Party of Croatia
– United Democratic Youth Organisation (EDON), Cyprus
– Young Communists Federation, Mexico
– Youth Union of Bangladesh
– Youth Federation of Nepal
– All-Nepal National Independent Union of Students
– Progressive Union of Youth and Students, South Korea
– Youth of the Hungarian Workers’ Party
– Youth of the Communist Party of Pakistan
– Youth of the People’s Party of Palestine
– Portuguese Communist Youth
– Youth of the Socialist Party of Romania
– Revolutionary Communist Youth Union (Bolsheviks), Russia
– Leninist Communist Youth Union of the Russian Federation (LKSM RF)
– League of Young Communists of Yugoslavia, Serbia
– Socialist Youth Union, Sri Lanka
– Socialist Youth of Students, Sri Lanka
– Syrian Communist Youth Union
– Khaled Bagdash Youth (Syria)
– Communist Youth of Turkey (TKG)
– Communist Youth Union, Czech Republic
– Youth of the Communist Workers’ Party of Finland
Other youth organizations, which did not participate at the KNE-Odigitis festival, have also endorsed the resolution:
– Union of Communist Youth, France
– League of Young Communists, USA
– Union of Lebanese Democratic Youth
– Communist Youth Movement of the Netherlands
– Leninist Communist Youth Union of Ukraine
– Palestinian Communist Youth
– Youth of the Communist Party of Poland